In episode 4 of Art Pays Me I spoke with illustrator, Liz Mac.
- Liz opened up about how negative feedback at NSCAD Portfolio day led her to believe she didn’t have what it took to be a professional artist and how a serious accident led her back to art.
- How her past jobs help her today as a freelance artist.
- Why working with creative collectives like E3C, attending and speaking at conferences can be important
- The struggle of having multiple creative interests
- How she helped her career by building a strong personal brand and how her rockstar dad Kevin MacMichael of Cutting Crew influenced it.
- How she charges for projects and why what you charge impacts the industry as a whole.
- Liz’s biggest piece of advice for artists: Put yourself in front of people.
- Liz on the web
- Liz on Instagram
- Liz on Twitter
Some of Liz's Work